If you are a customer of a PSC, we collect and maintain some basic information about you. We do so only for the following purposes:
• To create and nurture a relationship with you, so that we can continuously provide you with our services. For example, when you apply for any of our services, we collect personal information about you that will allow us to validate your identity and credit history for purposes of billing and collection of fees for the products and services that you avail from us.
• To improve our products and services. We collect, use, process, and analyze how you use our products and services so that we can understand how to improve them for your benefit.
• To understand your needs and preferences so that we can serve you better. Maintaining a record of the products and services that you avail from us allows us to gain a better insight of the kinds of offers that would be relevant to your preferences. From time to time, we may send you product recommendations and special offers that we think will interest you.
• To continuously improve our business and operations. For example, we analyze customer usage of our network and facilities to help us manage your account, provide customer care activities, monitor the quality and security of the network, train our staff, and plan for future growth.
• To assist the Government. We generate statistical insights based on your usage of our network and facilities to assist the Government in planning for healthcare, disaster management, and other similar initiatives. When we can, we aggregate and anonymize this information such that you are never identified as an individual. [Aggregating simply means presenting information in segments or categories like age groups; anonymizing means removing personally identifiable information from the data].
• To meet legal and regulatory requirements. We perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required under pertinent laws, rules, or regulations.
Where we get these information
There are several ways we collect information.
Information that you personally give us.
Most of the personal information we have are those that you have given us yourself. You provide us personal information when you:
• Apply for our services by filling out Application Forms, Subscription Agreements, and other similar or related documents through any of our available channels (online, in our offices, or through our Sales representatives);
• Get in touch with us to ask about something, file a complaint or request for service;
• Take part in our research and surveys;
• Become our Partner, Vendor, Contractor or Supplier; and/or
• When you apply for job with us.
Information we collect during our relationship with you
We also collect information as you use our products and services, like when you:
• Use our network, facilities and services - whether it is Mobile, Fixed, Home, Enterprise, or any of our other products, services, and channels;
• Use our websites, and self-service channels and portals.
A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website to enhance your browsing experience. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
We receive and store certain types of information (such as the amount of time you spend on the site and the number of views you made on each page, the IP address of your device, and the browser and operating system that you are using) when you interact with our website, mobile website, emails and online advertising to monitor proper functionality, determine areas for continuous improvement and to support website requirements. This information is gathered automatically, temporarily stored in log files and removed from the system at a certain point.
Information we collect from other sources
We also collect information from commercially or publicly available sources like published directories and public documents. We may also obtain your personal information from third parties and from other sources which you have given separate consent for the disclosure of such information relating to you and where otherwise lawfully permitted.
When we disclose personal information
There are a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose or share some of the information that you have provided to us. In these cases, we ensure that your personal information is disclosed on a confidential basis, and always subject to the applicable rules and regulations of the Data Privacy Act.
We will never share, rent or sell your personal information to third parties outside of PSC except in special circumstances where you may have given your specific consent for, and as noted in this policy.
In some instances, we may be required to disclose your personal information to our agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and other third party agencies as part of our regular business operations and for the provision of our products and services. This means we might share your information with:
• PSC partner companies including sub-contractors or prospective business partners that act as our service providers, contractors, professional advisers who help us provide our products and services. For example: our couriers for bill delivery and our customer contact centers for our pre- and post-sales hotline operations.
How we protect your personal information
We also put in effect safeguards such as:
• We keep and protect your information using a secured server behind a firewall, encryption and security controls;
• We keep your information only for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the information was obtained or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or for legitimate business purposes, or as provided by law;
• We restrict access to your information only to qualified and authorized personnel who handle your information with strict confidentiality.
• We undergo regular audit and rigorous testing of our infrastructure’s security protocols to ensure your data is always protected;
• We promptly notify you and the National Privacy Commission, when sensitive personal information that may, under the circumstances, be used to enable identity fraud are reasonably believed to have been acquired by an unauthorized person;
• We let you update your information securely to keep our records accurate.
The PSC of Companies will not collect, use, or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified in this Commitment, your Service Agreement or our Terms of Service, and any other purpose that you may have given your consent for.
For greater clarity, unless you provide specific consent, we will not:
• Share your personal information with or sell it to our business partners and third-party service providers; or
• Use your personal information to enable third-party targeted advertisements.
What your choices are
You are afforded certain rights in relation to your personal data under the Data Privacy Act. We would like to ensure that we have your consent to continue to collect, use, and disclose your personal information for the purposes that we have identified. At the same time, we want you to know that you do have choices and can object or withdraw your consent and/or edit your consent preferences at any time:
If you wish to have access to your personal information in our records; or you think that such personal information we have of you is incomplete, not up-to-date, or otherwise inaccurate, you may get in touch with the PSC Data Privacy Officer through the contact details provided below. In some instances, we may request for supporting documents or proof before we effect any requested changes to your personal information.
PSC Data Privacy Office;
G/F 2410 Hen. Belarmino St. Bangkal, Makati City
What happens when there are changes in our Policy
You will always be provided notice if these changes are significant and, if we are required by law, we will ensure to obtain your updated consent.